Return to the Electronics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Intercom system

Posted by mscajunpie (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 20, 09 at 21:15

We just got a quote from our security people for a wired
in-house, 4 panel intercom system for $1400. I mostly want it to monitor my children sleeping at night. We are not handy people and my husband is so busy right now that he will not try and do the wiring himself.

I was not planning on spending this much so I was hoping there was another option. What about wireless intercoms? Are there any good ones out there?

Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Intercom system

I was mistaken, I was qouted $2980 and not $1400.

o
RE: Intercom system

Do you have a computer??

"I mostly want it to monitor my children sleeping..."

Security, Video & motion monitoring software running on computers can now be had at a very reasonable price.

Hardwired camera's are best - but you can use wirelss. But the static in the wirelss tends to confuse the system.

Computer ON.

Security Monitor program: Running

Any change in monitored area(s) - (computer is scaning video) - the computer raises whatever alarm you desire.

Look up computers, video monitoring, security, etc.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electronics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here