Return to the Electronics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
T V Antenna, two wired in parallel

Posted by wiz4867 (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 29, 08 at 20:33

I live between Columbus and Toledo Ohio. I want to point one out door antenna at Columbus and another antenna at Toledo and connect both of the antennas together at the back of a T V set. None of the channels are duplicated in the two towns. Such as channel 10 in Columbus is not used in Toledo and channel 11 in Toledo is not used in Columbus. What I want to accomplish is to view a Toledo channel on one set while viewing a Columbus channel on another set at the same time.

I now use one antenna equiped with a rotator to watch T V from both towns. I do not want to run two leadin wires to each T V set with a switch if I can get away from it.
TKS Bill

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: T V Antenna, two wired in parallel

75 OHM (round) Coax ?

HD TV ?

use a standard "splitter" in reverse.

o

Thank you regus. I am using 75 ohm coax. I will be getting H D TV. You just saved me a bunch of hard work. TKS Bill

o

attach uhf ballan to each antenna then use a splitter in reverse to connect each antenna to a single output cable to your tv.

o

Ok guys help this old farm boy, what is a uhf ballan ?

o

a "Balun" is a 300 ohm to 75 ohm transformer. "Balun" is a contraction for BALanced/UNbalanced. SInce the output of an antenna is usually 300 ohms, you would need a transformer at each antenna to use 75 ohm coax to connect to them.

o

Hi everyone I found this web site that tells it all:
http:www.hdtvprimer.com/ANTENNAS/merging.html

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electronics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here