Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tmsl_gw

TV Coming on but no picture

tmsl
16 years ago

Hello,

I have a Magnavox 51". Last evening I turned off my TV for approximately 15 minutes. My family decided to watcha movie and attempted to turn the TV back on. You could see the power was on by the ON/Off switch. You couldn't see a picture and there was no sound. You could hear a churping sound coming from inside the TV.

Model# 51MP392H/17

Chassis: MAG1_AA

Thank you for your help.

Comments (6)

• billy_jay
    16 years ago

I have the same exact problem. Im at the office right now, but im pretty sure that mine is upwards of 50". Previously the picture went out and i was told the motherboard needed to be replaced, a $500 fix. We fixed that, then a few months later it was either turning off or not turning on with picture until it sat at "cooled down?" Now when the power button is pushed the power light comes on it makes a pulsing chirp noise then after 15 seconds it shuts off. I've been waiting to see if it was an expensive fix.

We have a similar problem and I need help as well.

• tmsl
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Just wondering if you had fixed your tv? We replaced the fuses...but that did nothing....now again we are at a stand still...an want our tv back...so we plan to take ours in mon morning...just thought I would try back here to see if maybe someone had seen our problem and knew how to fix it...after we get ours fixed I will get back on here jot down the problem to try to help out cost for anyone else!

• krissoma
    16 years ago

Philips 27PT543S37A

The problem started a few weeks ago. I would turn the tv on, the screen would flicker for a few secs and then image would take a while to fill the screen. Then I turned the t.v on got no picutre just heard a few clicking noises then the green power led would just turn off. I turned the tv on then off a few tims then eventually the piture would come on. Now when I turn the tv on get no picture, no sounds of anything....any suggestions...tv is not even 2 years old...HELP!!!

Thanks in advance.

• cmdr_dave
    16 years ago

I have that model 51mp392h/17, my problem was the red didn't line up with the green and blue anymore. So after troubleshooting it myself, I tried adjusting the lenses inside the set, no good. I finally spied what appeared to be moisture or something inside the lens on the red projector. So I figured I'd take it off, clean it, no more problem. WRONG! I popped the seal and found out these things are liquid cooled. The oil poured out all over the inside of my set on the circuit board. I'm in the process now of cleaning this mess and trying to get all the oil out. I have fluid to refill it, just have to figure out how to do that safely and I should be back in business again.

Watch out for oil!!

• edkraus
    15 years ago

OK, so I know this is a dead thread and probally you all either fixed the TV's or thru them out, however I'm still trying to find a Convergence circuit board for my Magnavox 51MP392H/17. I'm hopeing somone still has their junk TV sitting around and is willing to sell me the boards out of the TV. there are 3 main boards in the bottom of the set, I need the one on the left its the SSB convergence circuit board # 3135-013-3263.5 I Know how to fix mine, however I cant afford to buy a new part and I can afford a repariman so if you can please help me out with a used part I'd be very grateful.

Edwinkraus@hotmail.com
    PS, Please please sell me your convergence circuit board

• enpeace
    15 years ago

Chasis Model No: 25B800-7562
    Manuf Oct 1997
    3217R281B
    Serial 73993898
    Model HD2518C101
    TV REC LISTED no 3478
    E10839

No audio or pic output to screen via cable box just grey static screen. If TV is left off (plugged out) for a couple of days when turned on it works. Sometimes it works until turned off while other time it will chip out to the screen that would behave like there is no cable connected even although cable is working. By the way the cable connection at the back of the TV can move side to side, but it has been that way for the last 3 yrs. What could possibly be the problem. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.