Return to the Electronics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
turntables

Posted by jpl3300 (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 18, 11 at 17:52

I'm looking for a Dust Cover for a Kenwood KT-42RB Turntable, or a Dust Cover that will fit.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: turntables

Wow! While I think you meant KD-42RB, that's quite the problem you got there!

I doubt you're going to find anything "just for sale" on the internet (especially at a reasonable price) but then you never know.

First, I'd check thrift stores - people get rid of all kinds of stuff - turntables with dust covers... who knows!

Next, in the Bay Area here in California, there is a small chain of stores called Tap Plastics. They carry all kinds of acrylics, supplies, and even cut and assemble pieces for you. If there is something similar in your area, you may be able to figure out the dimensions and build your own.

While without knowing the original designs/specs, it may not be able to hinge, but then, it might just work.

People seem to forget that vinyl records, with all their imperfections, has a quality unmatched by CDs and makes MP3s sound like AM radio!

Good luck!!

o

Thank you. Yep, the KD. Got T mixed up due to Turntable. And Yep, you're probably right about finding a replacement dust cover. It is a vintage model worth more than I would want to pay for just a dust cover.
Thanks for taking the time to reply!

o

Try this.

Here is a link that might be useful: turntable dust cover

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electronics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here