Return to the Electronics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
reccomendation on dvd recorder with hd purchase

Posted by milele (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 22, 09 at 17:12

I 'd like to purchase a DVD recorder with Hard Disk. It does not seem to be a lot of choices and the reviews are all over the place...Any suggestion on a reliable product?
Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: reccomendation on dvd recorder with hd purchase

It depends on whether or not you have cable (which company), satellite (Dish or DirecTV), or off the air.

TIVO has the best interface, but it currently is not licensed on satellite, although I hear DirecTV will be granting it shortly. DISH has a very good one.

TIVO is generally compatible with most cable systems, but you should check it out with your specific cable network first. You can also check on reviews for the cable systems proprietary systems.

There are some hardware and software solutions for connecting your computer to your system too. While I'm sure they aren't as elegant as TIVO, they are usable.

Greg

o
RE: reccomendation on dvd recorder with hd purchase

We accumulated a couple of hints here at forums on purchasing new electronic products

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electronics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here