Return to the Electronics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Music Data Storage for Home

Posted by captain (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 10, 10 at 16:19

My wife is trying to find a system on her PC to store CD's and downloaded music for the kids. The problem she's running into is the type format incompatible with the windows media player for CD's and Apple's downloaded music. Seems like all the different formats can't live together using the same storage software and be playable, without an extra step of converting the file type. I'm not computer music savy and my wife is driving me nuts with this issue. Anyone have any suggestions on storing the different media and having it available to other computers on the network and as a backup?? Thank you. PS getting rid of the wife is not the answer!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Music Data Storage for Home

Probably the most "User Friendly" Player, software, is Music Jukebox put out by J Rivers.
Probably had it for over 10 years now. It plays CD's, Mp3's
Wma's, even videos (Mpeg, AVI etc).
It's Library function is really nice and since I have a "Huge Collection" it makes it very easy to go to any song or artist or even type of music I want.
The esiest way to have the music available to other cmptrs is to use the Memory "Flash cards" well actually more like a "Memory Thumb" probably much like an Ipod, but since I not a "Mac Head" I can't tell ya for sure.

You just plug it into your USB port on your cmptr. the cmptr sees it as a drive, drag the songs, videos etc etc to it, then plug it in any other cmptr to play it.

Good Luck!

Gary

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electronics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here