Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
laurie_ky6

Computer + TV + Stereo?

laurie_ky6
16 years ago

I have to preface this inquiry by stressing that my knowledge of technology is limited; so don't assume I know much. Here's the situation. I am about to replace my home computer. I will need to "revise" the TV situation in my house within the next year to deal with the conversion to digital. And, the CD player is on its last legs. I would like a setup that serves multiple purposes with the least amount of equipment possible. I work, watch TV, and listen to music in multiple areas of the house, including a porch; so portability is important. I don't have a fixation on large screens or remote controls. Every room, including the porch, has cable and phone connections. I do not currently subscribe to cable, and I have high-speed DSL.

If I were to buy a laptop that can serve all these purposes, what features do I need to look for? What ancillary equipment would I need to get? If I were to decide that a bigger screen would be a nice option at times, what considerations should I keep in mind if I were to consider buying a separate monitor for the computer? Am I forgetting to ask anything else that might be relevant? Thank you!

Comments (3)