Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
boothbay_gw

VCR autoscan no signal

boothbay
10 years ago

I just bought a 24'' insignia tv for my bedroom. I also had my VHS recorder ( yes I still have one and its just fine ) which was hooked up to the old analog TV. The TV has only one Ant input. The VCR is hooked up to it via rca cables...no component or HDMI. My VCR has to use the RCA cables. In this setup, I am able to see my tape on Chnl 3. I now wanted to set it up to record channels when necessary. I thought I would reassign the auto channel search mode for the vcr. It went through its scanning and after about a minute or so, it came back and said "Completed", but just below it said "No signal". .."No signal". In the interim with the indoor antenna disconnected all this time, I was surprised that I could see all my TV channels without the benefit of the indoor antenna. My vcr remote shows channels changing on the display site of the vcr,. Any suggestions how I can the signal to the vcr via auto scan? I connected the ANT to the VCR RF in and the VCR RF out to the TV ANT IN. I suspect that the Digital TV is preventing the signal. Is there a way to get around this?

Comments (2)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES