Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
andrelaplume2

confused...do I really need a dvd recorder

andrelaplume2
17 years ago

First I was buying a cheapie ($89 cyberhome or something). I want to convert 30 or so VHS to DVD. I did not want to spend a lot on a Panasonic or something because I thought I might wear it out. Well, folks here seam to think that should not be a concern. So, there is a $150 panny out there that people seem to like. Now I am thinking, after I burn my 30 VHSs, what will do with the thing? Burn some camcorder DVD a few times a year? I am back to thinking the cheapie is the way to go...unless I use the thing as a VCR replacement for the 5 or 6 shows I record weekly. Does anyone consistently use their DVD recorder like I use my VHS; to record 5 or so shows a week? Again, is this what the thing was designed for or is it too much wear and tear. Obviously I'd need a rewritable DVD to record and re-record shows on. How long do those last?

Now, in a world where I was a bit wealthier I guess the real solution is a hard rive or better yet a DVD recorder with a hard drive. I am not in that world though! Advice please?

Comments (2)