Return to the Electronics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I'm loosing the electrionics war!

Posted by momcat2000 (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 18, 06 at 9:04

I guess I just want to vent.I'm loosing the electrionics war at my house! Everyone's fighting over the computer and I will NOT buy another one, the boy's have bought their own TV's for their rooms, printers, speaker wires,scanners, video games, the basement is a nightmare of wiring, backyard speakers and so on. I keep adding outlets and uping my panels but When Will It all Stop! Now the boys want to get a flat screen, but I'm going to make them pay for it. Just so I have an opinion, what would be a good one that they could take with them if they ever (!) move out?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I'm loosing the electrionics war!

The electronics war will stop when you want it to. It sounds to me like this spaghetti bowl just kind of grew. It's possible that a structured-wiring system would make it all easier to manage, but that's a considerable investment at this point and it sounds like things will be better once (?) the boys move out.

As for flat-screens, I'm assuming you mean either LCD or plasma TVs. I'd stick with the bigger name brands: Sharp, Samsung, Sony (though IIRC they get their LCDs from Samsung), LG, Toshiba. I know people who've bought Syntax Olevia sets and been happy with them for the $$. I'd avoid "old" names like Magnavox, Sylvania, and the like -- they're just brand names, now, with no relation to the companies which earned them the name recognition. And I certainly would avoid brands you've never heard of before. Not to say they're all bad, but do you want to fight the odds?

o

Steve, thanks so much for the advice. That's interesting information on the TV's, I think they are looking at LCD's.

o

Electronics is a disease that usually starts at a young age, especially with boys. The affliction can last a lifetime with no known cure, though a lack of financial resources, a mother, or a wife may impede the progress of this disease. So, bear with it and do not enable them; also, tell them that when they have a place of their own they can hook-up and wire away to their hearts' content...!

o

I think my next husband should be an electrician, so HE can handle all this stuff...LOL

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electronics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here