Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
walker1846

Humidifier or Air Purifier?

walker1846
9 years ago

I have been transfered to this city, with a small-size studio without any gardens/parks around so I feel a bit stuffy. The only window looking out to streets, which i'm pretty sure is full of dust and well, who knows.

I am considering between buying a humidifier or air purifier. of course with limited budget humidifier will do but humidifier does not have function cleaning the air, right? Air purifiers are expensive, if they are HEPA standards, and filters replacement costs, too. I feel autumn already and the weather is somewhat dry. do you have any suggestions or what are you using right now?

Comments (6)

• ophelia7
    9 years ago

Air purifiers and humidifiers have different functions. Air purifiers are only used to clean indoor air, but do nothing for indoor humidity levels. Humidifiers add water into the air, but do not clean it. You should have both, or buy something like combine-function. I go for air purifier anyway.

• twilight11
    9 years ago

From what I read online humidifiers add water into the air, but do not remove dust and smoke from air.If you want to remove ,smoke ,dust and flu causing virus then air purifiers are a safe bet . I use IQ air purifier at home. Its pretty expensive $900 for an unit. You should choose one based on your budget and the whether you want a central unit or a room purifier ..

• ophelia7
    9 years ago

@twilight11: why your air purifier is hell expensive!!!!! The Clair air purifier I just purchased few weeks ago, only costs $159.9. Especially, its filter can remove dust, allergens and molds up to 0.1 microns, way better than HEPA ones (only up to 0.3 microns). And even while I let it run all the time, I hardly notice its sound at all.

so, well, you make your choice.

• twilight11
    9 years ago

Is it from this website ? (the link which I've shared below ) It looks like a relatively new technology . I am sure you can expect steeper prices once this air purifier gains popularity in the market . Because there is no way something like this with a far superior design and capable of capturing 0.1 micron (implying even flu causing virus can be effectively captured by these purifiers) . I also took a look at the test certificates ..the filter design is patented as well .Easily a good sell ..expect steeper prices in the coming months .

Here is a link that might be useful: Clair Purifier

• GregNow
    9 years ago

Air Purifiers and Humidifiers have very different functions. Humidifiers are way cheaper since they only control humidity indoors by spraying water into the air every once in a while. Air purifiers on the other hand, are more expensive as they pack some serious technology to clean air. It's always nice to have both but in you're case however, a humidifier would do the trick.

• walker1846
    Original Author
    9 years ago

So I end up buying this Clair TD1866 with two air filters for replacement. The delivery was fast. I've already known that this air purifier is not ozone type/ionizer, still surprise when it has only single button. No timer or other function, just simply purify the air. However, the outcome is significant, the air flow is getting better.

Thank you for recommendation! Happy New Year!!