Return to the Electronics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
how is the thinking on plasma vs led tvs?

Posted by mariposatraicionera (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 22, 09 at 1:26

We may very well be the only ones in our neighbourhood, family and friends to still have our old Television sets, but we have finally decided it's about time to get a new television (maybe 52"?) this Christmas.

I'm confused about Plasma and LED and not sure how to decide which is best. I kind of looked over an old thread from 2007 and was wondering whether those who bought their Plasma or LED would chime in and share their pros and cons with me.

Mari

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: how is the thinking on plasma vs led tvs?

Here's a cut and paste from the below web site that rated Plasma, LCD and LED technologies. You might want to visit that site (and others) to get a better answer.

"LED TVs will gradually replace their LCD counterparts, though the former is probably going to cost a premium in the following years."

http://asia.cnet.com/buyingguides/home_av/0,39066264,61985379-3,00.htm

o
RE: how is the thinking on plasma vs led tvs?

I like the plasma TV's myself. They have a 600HZ refresh rate (LCD's only have 60, 120, or 240HZ) which eliminates motion blur which is very common in LCD's. The plasmas have great viewing angles and great contrast because of the blacks. They do not use any more power than a LCD TV anymore and the new Samsungs are only 1 1/2 thick. The front of the screen is more durable than a LCD since it is glass. The LCD panels have no protection and just a slight bump will break it (like a laptop screen).

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electronics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here