Return to the Electronics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Broke antenna connection on back of TV and...

Posted by adelap (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 20, 06 at 23:59

Hello, I have an oldish but good Panasonic TV Model: CT20G10T about 20" screen.

The antenna connection on the back of the TV got broken, so someone connected it for me with an audio/video, putting the tricolor 3 of them in the TV back and the other 3 into my Panasonic PV-D4745 VCR, and it works almost perfectly, but not quite...

When I turn off the TV, I get a snowy screen, and when I turn it on again it's still snowy, so I have to leave it on 24/7, otherwise it takes me forever to again get the picture...IF I get it.

When I turn off the VCR so it can do my daily timer tapings...the screen becomes snowy too so I can't have my timer tapings... I can change channels and volumes okay though.

Do you think I have this problem because I haven't connected from the TV antenna to the VCR? Or is there some other reason? It seems such a shame to have to get rid of my TV since otherwise it works just perfectly and with a great picture even though it's not a HDTV...

Thanks ever so much for any suggestions. Adela :)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Broke antenna connection on back of TV and...

Assuming I'm understanding how you are describing this, you definetly need to have the TV antenna connected to your VCR.

The way you have this wired is that you're using the 'TV' tuner/receiver in your VCR to get your TV channels which are then converted to a video signal and passed along (via the 'tricolor' cables) to the video input of your TV set.

In other words you are not using the TV tuner in your TV. You'll be changing channels using your VCR and you'll proabably need to have your TV set to "video".

Hope this helps.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electronics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here