Return to the Electronics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
wireless stereo transmitter

Posted by davetz1 (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 3, 09 at 22:35

Hello, I am trying to transmit radio/music from my computer to a nearby (20') stereo. Is there a device I can plug into my cimputer's headset jack that will have a transmitter and a receiver I can plug into my stereo's input jack that can accomplish this? Where to purchase? What's it called? I don't have bluetooth on my computer and I'd prefer a unit that's small if possible.
THANKS for any help!
dave

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: wireless stereo transmitter

Don't know an end-to-end solution, but getting bluetooth on you computer is easy enough. There are enough USB transmitters for less thatn $20.

o

You can get a FM transmitter kit from Ramsey Electronics and broadcast all over your house. The cheaper models tend to drift a little so you have to retune the receiver, but the sound is first class.

o

I have had "Net Play Radio" for 7 or 8 years now. You connect it to the speaker or headphone jacks on your computer, You can set it to broadcast (in stereo) on any FM frequency (88-108 mhz) It broadcast anywhere in the house, yard , garage or driveway.
In fact I tune in the radio in my cars to 106.9fm, and listen to the great music I have on the computer whilst I polishing and waxin on the cars.
I also have a radio shack reciever out on the patio with outdoor speakers , and likewise I just choose station "KGLJ" 106.9 fm to hear good sounds out on the patio! KGLJ is Me Gary Lee Johnson
Course if ya live in the East that would be "WGLJ" (LOL)
Anyway it works great and has for a long time now.
We also have a Bose Radio in the bedroom and I likewise tune it in, when I wanna have good sounds and no commercials.
Gary

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electronics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here