Return to the Electronics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Repairing Casio s500 LCD

Posted by smilietai88 (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 10, 06 at 22:25

Hi. This past weekend, I broke my Casio Exlim s500 LCD screen. I have researched different places and have found that it would cost about $150 or so to replace it. But I found a site where I can purchase the screen for about $65 or so. Also, I know it is only the screen that needs to be fixd because I have taken pictures and uploaded them onto my computer and they are perfect (as well as videos).

So I was wondering two things:

1. If anyone knew of any cheaper replacement LCD screens?

2. Also, once I bought the screen anyone know HOW to replace one??

Please let me know. I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks!
:-)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Repairing Casio s500 LCD

If you don't already have a pretty good idea how to replace that screen, I wouldn't even spend the $65. Consumer electronics nowadays generally are not designed to be repairable; certainly not by non-trained, possibly-non-technical people. There are many tiny connections which have to be disconnected and reconnected properly and, without knowing how the camera is assembled, it would be hard to know how to remove certain parts so they could be re-used or do not damage parts to which they're connected.

Frankly, even though I think they're generally a waste of $$, you'd be better off putting that $65 into an extended warranty that would cover accidental damage on a new camera.

o
RE: Repairing Casio s500 LCD

hi smilietai88,
my casio s500 broke too, but me its the lens only,
if you happen to want to get rid of yours I'm willing to buy your broken camera for parts. ie the lens...
please reply back to sellinglaptop@hotmail.com if interested.
that would cool, thanks!
seb

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electronics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here