Return to the Electronics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
repair of all televisions

Posted by
tv-tom
(thomasbishopzero@netzero.net) on
Fri, Sep 15, 06 at 22:16

WHO IS PEE WEE ANY WAY? I AM A SENIOR LEVEL ELECTRONICS TECHNICIAN WITH MANY YEARS EXPERIENCE,I GET PAID FOR IT.HOWEVER ANYONE THAT HAS THE BASIC TOOLS SUCH AS A GOOD QUALITY DIGITAL MULTIMETER,A CHISLE TIP 40WATT SOLDERING IRON AND VERY BASIC SMALL HAND TOOLS CAN WITH A LITTLE RESEARCH REPAIR MOST ITEMS WITH SOME LUCK.FIRST AND FORMOST IT IS BEST TO GET THE SERVICE MANUAL(NOT THE USER MANUAL)FOR THE PRODUCT IN QUESTION.THIS CAN BE PURCHASED FROM THE MANUFACTURER OR WITH LUCK FOUND IN YOUR LOCAL LIBRARY IN THE SCIENCE DEPARTMENT.GO THERE ARMED WITH THE BRAND AND MODEL AND LOCATE THE 'HOWARD SAMS PHOTOFACT'FILES.YOU MAY NEED A LIBRARIAN TO ASSIST YOU TO LOOK IN THE INDEX TO FIND THE CORRECT FOLDER FOR YOUR PRODUCT.THIS WILL GIVE YOU PARTS REPLACEMENT DATA AS WELL AS PICTORIAL COMPONENT LOCATOR GRIDS AND SCHEMATICS TO PROPERLY DIAGNOSE THE FAILIER.THERE ARE ALSO MANY BOOKS THERE TO EXPLAIN THE VERY BASIC RULES OR LAWS THAT CIRCUITS RELY ON TO OPERATE AS DESIGNED,SO THIS IS VERY EDUCATIONAL FOR THE DO IT YOURSELFER WHO WISHES TO SAVE CASH BY NOT HIRING A REAL TECH.I HAVE TO SAY THOUGH THAT I DONT DO ANYTHING SMALLER THAN A PROJECTION TV AS THE SMALLER ONES ARE NOT ONLY CHEAP,THEY ARE MADE CHEAP AND IT IS NOT WORTH MY TIME OR FEES AS YOU CAN GO GET ANOTHER ONE.I FIND MY SELF DOING MUCH BIGGER PROJECTS THESE DAYS AND CONSUMER THROWAWAY ELECTRONICS(BY DESIGN)IS NOT ONE OF THEM.NAFTA DID IT,LIKE EVERYTHING ELSE....
TV-TOM thomasbishopzero@netzero.net
link www.computormaintenance.freeservers.com

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: repair of all televisions

Hey Tom I agree.. I was wondering if you could help with the following problem?

1)32" Proscan TV. Model #PS32125, Chasis #CTC197CG, Service # PS32125FM1.
When you click on the power button alls it does is click right back off.

2)1) Model# (RP2748-B101) Chasis (27X102-00AA).
This TV turns on and runs for about 10 to 209 minutes and then it shuts off. Then after it cools down for about 5 minutes it turns back on and then shuts down in 10-15 minutes, etc.

I think the proscan model is the power relay, but not for sure.. I read somewhere thet it is r14110, but can't find it on the board what so ever..

How would a power ralay effect a tv??

I would appreciate any help.
Thanks Paul

o
RE: repair of all televisions

Tom,

In order to make your posts easier to read:

Please turn off the caps lock.

Please use spaces between sentences.

On long posts, please use paragraphs.

Thanks,

Bill

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electronics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here