Return to the Electronics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help! What is wrong with the TV

Posted by ellenr1014 (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 5, 09 at 18:21

Okay, I bought it used from Craig's List, but I always have had good luck. I bought a small flat panel to use in my craft room, model number 15mf 170v/17. The woman I bought it from said it had a short in the power cord and wasn't getting enough "juice". She showed me the power light in front was an yellow,amber color and normally was green when on.

I went on line and bought a new cord, but that still didn't help. My husband noticed the place where you plugged in the cord was very loose, so he went in an resolderd (?) a part and now we get a green light, but no picture!!! Plugged in the cable box the light is amber and when you hit the power button it turns green. Turn it off and you hear a sound from the speaker like a typical turn off sound. Anyone have ANY ideas???? I really want to know if this can be fixed, or should I just move on.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help! What is wrong with the TV

Hi Pee Wee

i have a PF26 2 years now. the screen has started to have some grey shadows on the left side. looks something like a line or a shadow of a line..the color of the line is gray-black.

another one is starting to emerge on the bottom left side.

thank you very much

Nick

o
RE: Help! What is wrong with the TV

unless you know what you are doing, NEVER buy electronics that are not working. you counted on luck, and you got screwed. in many cases by the time you pay for a repair on top of what you paid for the TV, you come close to the price of a brand new unit.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electronics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here