Return to the Electronics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Phillips/Magnavox Projection TV image problem

Posted by Cayo_D (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 27, 05 at 18:12

Hi. I have a problem with my TV Mod. 9P6031 C101, when is powered up the image shrinks to the center of the screen. After it warms up it goes to a full screen and ocacionaly every time an image with a lot of brightness comes on it trys to shrink, but if the image is with a less bright color it works O.K. I also noticed that the screen has shifted to the right leaving a blak line on the left side from top to bottom. I look inside and did not find any burned up component. Only noticed that the blue tube has a bubble on top of the tube, it does not looks like the red and the green. Is this a normal condition? I Need a lot of HELP.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Phillips/Magnavox Projection TV image problem

If the 'blue picture' is not being affected by the bubble, then don't worry about it.

The changing picture size is most likly caused by defective solder connections in the power supply or the high voltage circuit.

pw

o

If you decide not too fix the PTV835 Mod. 9P6031 C101.
I would be interested in buying the main power supply board.
Thanks

o

Hi. I saw your post and realized that you had the exact same problem with you television that I now have. Did the advice work for you because I am trying to repair my television myself. Or if you did anything else, please let me know. My email address is wpolkjr@yahoo.com Thanks!

o

A year ago Cayo D posed the Phillips/Magnavox projection TV image problem. Today I have almost the exact problem with my 55" set (Model #9P5514C101). If you have the image problem fixed during the last 12 months, please kindly share your repair experience. My email address is dtwong@sbcglobal.net. Thanks.

dtwong

o

Its a simple fix. You just need to replace one of the IC chips. Check www.magnavoxhelp.com for instructions.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electronics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here