Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sconti_95

Cordless phones

sconti_95
16 years ago

I want to buy a new set of cordless phones, but am confused as to what to buy. when I visit the Circuit Cities, and other stores that sell cordless phones, I am overcome with all the choices. Don't need anything with all the features, just a good basic setup with two to four cordless units. Any suggestions or help would be appreciated.

Comments (4)

• mikie_gw
    16 years ago

You might be doing yourself or a neighbor a favor if you buy one of the newer DECT 1.9 Ghz phones. Wont mess up itself around wifi connections, nor fool with the wifi.

I bought some early model .. Philips 6.0 Dect Cordless Phone with Answering Machine (Dect2251g/37) from amazon then found extensions cheap on ebay.

Thrilled with them. At first thought they were too small but now I really like that smallness. Long range too! Put one in pocket and go to neighbors. (amazon has that one cheap right now, its discontinued though)

DECT 1.9 Ghz is digital & a very good thing, DECT is new to the usa. Would think all of the major players will use the same chipsets so everybodys should be 'good stuff'. Good from Philips anyhow in my experience.

• sconti_95
    Original Author
    16 years ago

mikie: Thanks for the post. Not familar with the the Dect name, but am going to look further into their product. Looks like most of them have the answer machine or voice mail feature which I do not need. Thanks again.

• randy427
    16 years ago

I got a 2.4 GHZ VTECH multi-handset phone from Sears (K-MART) and another single handset 2.4 Ghz Vtech from a rumage sale. I have no complaints about any of them. Best Buy had similar sets and their frequent close-out markdowns can result in a nice price break. I think with a little shopping around (perhaps online) you can find a set without the extras that you don't want.

• sconti_95
    Original Author
    16 years ago

randy427: Thanks for the post. I don't want to tie up a lot of money for them. Don't need to have the baddest cordless phones in the neighborhood. Just something dependable with good clarity and ease of use. Thanks again. Will check out Best Buy and K-Mart.

Sponsored
Bull Run Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars273 Reviews
Virginia's Top Rated Kitchen & Bath Renovation Firm I Best of Houzz