Return to the Electronics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
MP3 Player, Stereo, Boombox, Car, etc.

Posted by betsyhac (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 24, 11 at 16:11

I've decided it's time to go the MP3 route. I think. I've been reading and reading and I'm still confused. I want a portable player like an Ipod, but I don't want an Ipod bc I hate Apple. My objective is to store music electronically and then play it on a home stereo system, boombox, in my car, while exercising. I've chosen an MP3 player - Cowon J3 32 gb portable media player - but I'm wondering if I even need 32 gbs? I won't be watching movies - just interested in music and audiobooks. I have a lot of CDs that I'd like to convert and load onto the Cowon somehow. I understand that Itunes has the most extensive selection of music, so I'm wondering if it is only able to be bought for an Ipod? If anyone has any suggestions for the best stereo components to complement this player, or boombox, or clock radio, I'd love to hear them. And what is an MP3 CD? Is this something I can download to my Cowon from my computer? Anything I've missed? Also, any suggestions as to newsletters or publications on the subject? Thx so much for taking the time to help me out of my fog.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: MP3 Player, Stereo, Boombox, Car, etc.

Your post is a little confusing - you say you really don't know anything about the MP3 format, but you wish to purchase a rather expensive player aimed at people who know a lot about it, and are willing to do firmware upgrades and other tweaks to get the most out of it.

Cowon is a Korean company without any presence in the US other than having a sales distributor - and no real support - not something I'd recommend based on your description of MP3 and computer knowledge.

Before buying anything, you may really wish to learn more about the format, digital rights management, conversion software, and other available players.

o
RE: MP3 Player, Stereo, Boombox, Car, etc.

Uh, I read about it on Amazon. What's with the hostility? Do you work for Apple?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electronics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here