Return to the Electronics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Toshiba 27' TV

Posted by mtlockman (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 19, 06 at 15:22

Back in January we purchased a new Toshiba 27" color TV and have it connected to basic cable service in the living room. Initially, the receiption on local channels 2, 5, and 7 was poor, with ghost images and shadows. I contacted a local TV repair and they said it was probably the cable or the station's brodcast being interfered with. I contacted the cable company and was told that the problem was with the particular station's broadcast. Now, how can that be? It's cable...!? If all the other channels are OK, what's wrong with 2, 5, and 7? To further confuse things, the TV's in the bedroom and basement do not exhibit any type of problems with channels 2, 5, and 7. So is it the TV? Is there a set-up I could try to fix the problem? Also, the poor quality seems to come and go. This week Channel 5 is terrible, while 7 is OK. Used to be that 7 was terrible.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Toshiba 27' TV

Chances are you just have a connector loose on one end of the cable that feeds your 27" Toshiba. Try replacing the cable that runs from the wall jack to the TV with a new one.

Good luck.

Bill

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electronics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here