Return to the Electronics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
what are my options re: dvr to dvd recording?

Posted by jeri (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 5, 06 at 12:32

Im not sure this is the right place to ask this question. If not please let me know! :-)

Objective: Copy shows from my DVR to a DVD.

I have a DVR from my local cable company. I would love to simply hang an external DVD recorder to this and copy shows, but Im guessing that is not possible.

What are my options? Purchase a TIVO/DVD recorder? Get a TV tuner card for my PC which already has a good DVD burner and record shows there?

I really dont know what my options are. Im hoping you can help. :-)

Jeri

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: what are my options re: dvr to dvd recording?

I use a stand-alone DVD Recorder.
Hook it up like a VCR and start recording.

Pooh Bear

o

If you are skillful with your PC, there are several cards out there that will turn your PC into a viable DVR. Your biggest problem may be having a large enough hard drive.
One manufacturer that comes to mind is ATI. They have one video card that performs hardware compression of the video before putting it on the hard drive.

o

Jeri, what brand DVR do you have?? Is it hooked up to any kind of service?? I use tivo hooked to my wireless network and can transfer shows wirelessly to my computer, then burn them from there.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electronics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here