Return to the Electronics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
philips lcd tv 32pfl7403d humming noise

Posted by grahamdcp (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 25, 08 at 11:17

My son recently bought a Philips lcd tv model 32pfl7403d
the problem he found was when the volume is set down low he can here an annoying humming noise. I got him to disconnect everything and just have the power lead connected and the noise is still there. Normally it wouldn't be a problem because usually the volume is up loud. But at night time when laying in bed he puts the volume down lower as not to wake other members of the household up. This is when it becomes a problem as the hum is heard over the volume of the show he may be watching. The hum itself comes from inside the tv and not the speakers. Has anyone else experienced this problem and is it fixable?

Follow-Up Postings:

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electronics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here