Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
memarcus

FM modulator for car audio

memarcus
15 years ago

Here's the story. Father in law recieved an XM radio for his 1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee a few years ago and I installed it for him trying the FM modulator route and eventually just used the cassette adapter. I went through 3 or 4 modulators trying to find one that worked worth a darn. All that I tried and the one included that clips on the antennae seemed to have excessive static not to mention the dynamic range loss associated.

Is there a modulator or signal injector that will CUT or FILTER the antennnae signal and inject only the device signal or do all of these work to superimpose the device signal onto whatever the antennae is picking up? In my area there seems to be a lot of noise on the lower freqs.

The time has come to remove the existing setup and reinstall in a newer Jeep. This one doesn't have the cassette adapter or an aux input so modulation looks like the probable route.

Any suggestions on good modulator or should I just replace the factory head with a new reciever that has an aux input?

Thanks.

Sponsored
Grow Landscapes
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Planning Your Outdoor Space in Loundon County?