Return to the Electronics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Panasonic vcr no remote, want to change speed

Posted by snaffle (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 26, 06 at 11:06

I have a panasonic vcr Model PV-8451 with out a remote. I want to record but it is set on slp. How can I change the speed to SP? I have a ONE FOR ALL remote and there is no button for speed on it.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Panasonic vcr no remote, want to change speed

You may be dead in the water unless the remote that you DO have has the ability to run "set up" or whatever iut might be called for your model. That is usually where you choose what speed you are electing for your project. If you have your manual, you can look in it and see if this is correct. If you do (or don't), if you have the manual fo the one size fits all remote, then you can look to see if it has that capability. Some vcrs may have you choose it on screen but ususally not. Good luck, and let us know whta you find!

o
RE: Panasonic vcr no remote, want to change speed

If you really like this model of VCR there is a used one on eBay right now. Buy it now is $26 with $18 shipping.

$44 is still probably cheaper than getting a new remote from Panasonoc.

Here is a link that might be useful: ebay auction

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electronics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here