Return to the Electronics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
27 inch Magnvox ts2775 with reduced vertical

Posted by mbrood (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 1, 06 at 10:18

Model ts2775 C102 and chassis 27v516

The unit has been flawless for 10 years but last night I turned it on and it was squashed vertical like it went into wide screen mode. the bottom and top are reduced by about 1 1/2"... otherwise the picture is full width and sharp.

I opened her and cleaned but didn't see any burnt resistors or bulging caps.

Any ideas on what to attack?

Oh yeah... it's not wise to use a fluffy cat for getting out the dust... it's fun but the number of Band Aids is rather high.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 27 inch Magnvox ts2775 with reduced vertical

I see 2 possibilities here right away. Common to all tv sold by Philips. First, if it is reduced a little it is likely that it is an electrolytic capacitor. These components are filled with an electrolyte and the heat dries them out. They fail as a result. In the same circuit are a couple of low ohm value resitors that change value due to the heat. After that, the vertical output IC may be failing or even gotten so hot it has corrupted the silder that connects it to the circuit. None of this is major.

Here is a link that might be useful: Electronic Repair & Schematics

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electronics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here