Return to the Electronics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Heat created by HP Media Center / computer?

Posted by chelbell (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 25, 07 at 10:01

We put a new HP Media Center in our kitchen -- attached to a Samsung DLP TV and an Onkyo Reciever (plus the cable box) which, all together create quite an elaborate TV-watching, Computer surfing, Surround sound, CD playing & TV show programming System.

Problem is that the 3 boxes create quite a build up of heat in the cabinet (100-103 degrees)---which I think is causing problems with parts of the components.

How have you dealt with this problem?? Internal fans, a "laptop cooler," metal shelf racks...etc? The cabinet IS closed on all 4 sides--seems HP and/or the installer should have anticipated this--but I don't know.

CB

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Heat created by HP Media Center / computer?

I just re-posted this in HOME ENTERTAINMENT section--I think that is the approp. area !?

o
RE: Heat created by HP Media Center / computer?

you need to get some air circulation in that cabinet. My DVR/cable box alone generates a crazy amount of heat. I can only imagine what all three components are doing. I would go back to the installer and see what they can do. Perhaps putting mesh on the cabinet doors instead of having them solid. I also have three computers under my desk at work and have a fan running full-time to keep the heat from rising into my face!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electronics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here