Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
flamingo_in_ar

I have a TV question, can you help me?

FlamingO in AR
15 years ago

Our main TV is in the LR. Behind the wall where the TV is is the kitchen, and I had a small tube TV on the counter, and it was hooked up to the big TV thru a hole in the wall, it only got the same show at the same time from the satellite thru a co-ax cable and that was fine since they're so close together. The tube TV died during our power outage/surges, etc. So I need another TV there, and size is an issue. (I tried to fix the TV, put in a new fuse, but it started smoking and crackling and it's a goner.)

Since I will only be piggy-backing from the big TV, do I have to have an actual TV or could I possibly use just a monitor? And would just a monitor provide decent audio? Would co-ax hook to a monitor or would I need an adapter of some kind? We don't use this TV a lot, just when cooking or cleaning up.

Does anyone have any ideas for me? I could get another little TV just like the one I had for about $100 and be right back where I was. I was kind of wanting a flat screen TV, but they don't make too many small ones that have good pictures AND good audio AND would fit under my cabinets and they would run about $250-$300+.

Thanks for any help you give me.

Comments (2)