Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jtech_gw

Cable filters and if anyone has used one before?

jtech
14 years ago

Just finished reading some threads/posts so I decided to go ahead and post my experience. Just a little over 8 months ago now, literally the day before my second daughter was delivered, my oldest boy came into my office/dining room (no jokes please) with a grin like the Grinch on his face. He wanted me to buy one of those digital filters. He always has me paying $50 for his wrestling WWF stuff and I've also been known to watch a good boxing match every once in a while. Long story short, I got one of those cable filters for my Motorola DVR box in the living room WITHOUT, telling the kids or the old lady ;). I still make the kids ask to order stuff but when the bill comes there's no sign of anything, heh. Every month I squeeze about 30 PPV's out of it without having to clear the memory on the box. If I only order like 20-25 ppvs in a month, then I don't need to clear the box because it clears on its own every 30 days. I figured if it didn't work I'd just get my money back since they have like a year guarantee or somethin like that (had to check my bookmarks www.cableboxfilters.com).

BTW, does anyone know what the Cablecard slot does?. I've never seen anyone who used theirs and I don't understand what it would be used for. Is it for the cable guy when it's being installed or something?

Thanks and God bless!

L. MacArthur

Sponsored
Industry Leading Countertop company in Loudoun County, VA