Return to the Electronics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Philips TV - Broken Circuit Board

Posted by juzaam (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 6, 06 at 2:00

I have a Philips 27PT6442/37 (27" ultra flat TV)
The circuit board on the back of the tube projector is cracked and I need a replacement.

Philips is worthless as they will not sell replacement parts to private inviduals.

I did contact my local service dealer and they want a $20 deposite and will not quote part prices, rates, or make an estimate on the repair.... wtf? I dont think so!

So I found out that you can buy replacement parts from Andrews Supply 1-800-289-0300
They have 2 parts for that model:
Control Board
Main Board

Does anyone know what might be the one for the back of the tube? I think the main board is the monster sized PCB that everything goes into, and the control board might be the one for the back of the tube.

Any help would be appreciated (along with prayers for my soldering adventure ahead).

Adonys

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Philips TV - Broken Circuit Board

That board is most often called the CRT controller board.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electronics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here