Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
collectable99

magnavox big screen tv problems

collectable99
17 years ago

Ok, I have a 52 inch magnovox tv, the kids were playing game cube on it, we shut it off came back down the next morning and a buzzing sound but no picuture,HELP

model # p5034c103

ptv 836

hope someone can help me fix it, everyone wants me to bring it to them to fix and then charge me $100 to tell me whats wrong and if they can fix it. WOW

help please single mom cant afford to fix it.

thanks

collectable99:)

Comments (8)

• trustman
    17 years ago

I am missing something. You can afford to buy a 52" TV but can afford to fix it???

• collectable99
    Original Author
    17 years ago

yes, how very smart you are, not a compliment

• timahall
    17 years ago

i have 2 big screens and cant afford to spend $100 on them!!

• aedhot4
    16 years ago

I just can't believe how rude some people can be. If the lady says she can't afford to pay the $100 then believe her. You don't know her situation. Next time be a nicer person.

• lchess
    15 years ago

i have a 51 inch screen needs a new outer screen, mine was given to me the person who gave it to me his kids played cars on the outer screen they thought it was a big freeway outer screen scratches all over it i could have never afforded my own let alone a 100+ bucks to fix the outer screen, if someone knows where i can get a screen please let me know

• onelikearock
    15 years ago

I am having a problem with my Magnavox TV, model #60p8241 manufactured 8-17-01 chassis model #pvt910. The problem we are having is I cannot get the picture to clear up. I have tried to clear up the picture using the adjustments on the tv and none seem to make it any better. I have a Zenith tv that I have had for 18 years has a better picture. What is the life of one of these Rear projection style tv's? I have tried other tv's on the location I have it set in the house and they work great. Just got Direct TV, no help. any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

• cray_marlon
    8 years ago

I have a Magnavox HDTV Model# 51MP6200D/37.... and the Serial# YA1A0620050296>>>> It will not come on.. I mash the power button and all it will do is the power button will continueously flash. The TV itself will not come on. Can you tell me what's wrong with it?

• toxcrusadr
    8 years ago

Cray, if it's over 5 years old it might have capacitor disease. The manufacturers used cheap parts, and the electrolytic capacitors on the power supply board tend to fail and the set will not come on. I've fixed a couple of them with a soldering iron and $10 worth of capacitors. If you or anyone you know can solder, it's not a difficult job and requires no fancy equipment. I usually just replace all of them on the board rather than trying to find one or two that are bad. The rest will go soon anyway ad it's cheap insurance. The values are printed on the sides and you can order replacements from mouser.com, digikey.com or if you have a local electronic parts outlet they should have them.

Sponsored
One Source Systems
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Top Choice for Reliable Home Automation & Home Media in Arlington Area