Return to the Electronics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Led query

Posted by cavell (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 30, 13 at 18:05

Is the picture quality on a 39" sharp brand, 1080p LED for $298 as good as a 40", lg, 1080p LEDfor $489? Both are new sets of course. I sit 12' from screen and have cable HD tuner. I would say my vision is pretty good.i do use reading glasses though

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Led query

They should be pretty much the same since you are looking at two similarly sized sets with the same 1080 resolution. BUT...

The screens are all pretty much made in the same small number of factories in Asia. What differs between sets - other than the size of the screen - is the circuitry inside the set that puts the picture on the screen. To some extent (setting aside discount sales, etc.), you get what you pay for. Not knowing anything else about these sets, I might be inclined to think the more expensive one has a more robust power supply, more input/output choices, better quality driver boards and chips, better speakers, etc.

o
RE: Led query

ah, so i should get the additional extended warranty for 3yrs? than when set dies at month 39, i have no coverage.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electronics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here