Return to the Electronics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
hooking up a dvd player, vcr and tv set

Posted by cheerful1 (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 23, 05 at 10:51

I presently have Cable TV, a non-cable ready TV set (bought in 1989) that's hooked up to a VCR and a video player. I want to substitute a DVD player for the video player. Are the hookups identical, or do I have to disconnect everything and start from scratch.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: hooking up a dvd player, vcr and tv set

They should be. Chances are both the DVD player and the Video Player use both use a Yellow RCA connector for the video signal along with Red & White RCA connectors for Stereo audio. It should be as simple as disconnecting the cables from the back of the video player and plugging them into the back of the DVD player.

That being said, you really want to check if the TV has an S-Video connector. This cable would replace the Yellow RCA cable from the DVD player, and would be a significant improvement in picture quality.

o
RE: hooking up a dvd player, vcr and tv set

I just want to say thanks so much for posting this question I have been trying all morning to connect the dvd player. LOL And this made total sense and it worked!!!!!! Thanks!!!! Happy New Year!!!!!!!!!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electronics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here