Return to the Electronics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Best, simple VCR?

Posted by catherinet (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 28, 06 at 10:00

Hi all,
I got a fancy DVD recorder/VCR........but it's too danged complicated for alot of everyday use, taping and replaying shows. I bought it mostly for transferring home movie cassetts to DVD's, and I really don't want to wear out it's simplest function and make the more complicated functions useless.
Any suggestions on the best working simple VCR? I usually really like Panasonic......but my last model didn't hold up very long. Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Best, simple VCR?

I assume you mean you want the simplest to program timer to record shows when you aren't home. If so, buy the Sony SLV-N900. It has the easiest to use timer system.

Quickset Timer Dial - A one touch jog dial allows for simple VCR programming without ever turning your TV on. Simply press the Timer Dial In and follow the steps on the VCRs display.

Here is a link that might be useful: click here

o
RE: Best, simple VCR?

THanks jdbillp!
The remote to my Sony DVD recorder/VCR has about 1,000 buttons. It has stuff like 6 fast-forward modes, etc. I just want simplicity for all my daily tapings and playbacks. The one you suggested looks good. Thanks again.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electronics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here