Return to the Electronics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
magnavox tv model#55P8288, shuts off by itself

Posted by lulu_2007 (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 27, 07 at 8:54

I have a 6 yr.old Magnavox big screen TV that shut itself off while watching.I could unplug & let sit for awhile and it would come back on. I did this for awhile and then it finally would not come on at all. Also when I would turn up volume on the Tv itself it would change the channel, or I could change channel and it would go to the AV1 or AV2. I put it in the garage for about 6 months and brought it back in and it worked again for about 2 months now it doesn't work again. Any suggestions would be so very helpful. model# 55P8288 serial# 58962295, chassis# PTV910.
Thank You.....

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: magnavox tv model#55P8288, shuts off by itself

hi-
you might want to try asking your question again at the following site: http://www.tv-forums.com as they seem to be more active than this one wrt responding on issues regarding tv repair

o

Don't know if this would help. I read a while ago that dust inside can lead to the auto shut off problem in older sets. Try cleaning the vented areas as best you can with suction.

Worked for my brother...

o

Thanks pamminger much appreciated. I will try that site also. Celticmoon we did clean all the dust out the first time the TV quit working. That helped for awhile but then it quit working again. Thanks for the info it is much appreciated.

o

my magnavox turns off after a few mins

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electronics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here