Return to the Electronics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need radio for cubicle at office

Posted by pamghatten (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 6, 07 at 8:24

I'm looking for a radio for my cubicle at work. I have a cheap clock/alarm/radio that is having trouble keeping reception. There is a lot of interference around, and other radios.

Any advise on a radio ... not interested in an iPod or something I would download to, like a radio as background noise. As well as traffic & weather reports.

And no, I can't listen through my computer, the company has blocked that.

Any recommendations? Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need radio for cubicle at office

Tivoli Audio makes a nice radio that is known for great reception.

The Model One is mono sound, the Model Two is the stereo version with an extension speaker.

Here is a link that might be useful: Tivoli Audio

o

Thanks, looks like a good radio. I had hoped to spend less than that, but will keep that in mind.

o

Check out your local Target store. They sold Tivoli last Christmas and my local store had some on clearance recently.

o

GE's RCA's Lenovo's "GE SuperRadio" has had a long-time reputation for the ability to snatch the smallest signal out of the air. Here's a link to it at Amazon; $55 might be more in keeping with your budget.

Here is a link that might be useful: SuperRadio

o

Reception may be a problem with any and all. Tivoli is good but costly and is NOT digital (you must hand tune all stations). I would recommend a radio with presets and a remote so you can zap from station and AM to FM. Try whatever you can find and your budget affords; just make sure they have a good return policy where you buy it...

o

Thanks all, I thought I'd try steve o's recommendation. I found it cheaper at ikitchen.com. I'll let you know how that works out.

o

That radio that steve o recommended is also a nice radio.

o

Hi All,

The Super Radio is great! No problems with reception at all in my cube. I no longer have to move the radio around my cube as neighbors come and go during the day! YEAH!

Thanks steve o!

o

Thanks for the followup!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electronics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here