Return to the Electronics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Magnavox - stuck in DEMO mode!

Posted by curt_norman (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 22, 05 at 23:45

My Magnavox model19PSC5 0121 is stuck in a demo mode. I cannot turn the power on or off, and NONE of the buttons work, nor does the remote control.
This happened once before, but being an old codger, I cannot recall how I got out of it.

I have unplugged the TV, and plugged it back in, multiple times and the TV comes on by itself!

The demo mode is a program that continues rolls-over and starts again, it demonstrates all of the featuers of the TV. I cannot locate the user's manual, or any reset buttons, etc. HELP!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Magnavox - stuck in DEMO mode!

With the set ON. Press the volume up AND volume down at the same time.

OR

Press the channel up AND channel down at the same time.

pw

o

Thank you from my family!!! your solution worked!!

o

Thank you had the same thing happen and is now fixed

o

Thank you very much pushing both volume buttons fixed.

o

Thank you for the advise on pressing both up and down buttons on the volume or channel at the same time, I had the same prob. and it really worked. Cual!

o

It WORKED. I've been messin' with this thing trying this and that and FINALLY got the bright idea to look it up on the internet! Don't know why I didn't think of that before; I usually look EVERYTHING up on the internet.
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electronics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here