Return to the Electronics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Radio recommendations?

Posted by oceanna (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 29, 08 at 22:53

I'm looking for a little radio... something about 9-10" wide, 7-8" tall... 2-3" deep. Just something I can plug in the kitchen to listen to while I'm cooking, that doesn't take up much room, but grab and move around with me easily to other rooms.

It can be used, that's fine. I'm happy to look on eBay. It doesn't have to be pretty. Good reception is the important thing to me, and not a huge boombox.

Any suggestions, please?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Radio recommendations?

GE Super Radio, but it usually isn't cheap. However, here is one eBay auction to check out.

Here is a link that might be useful: eBay auction 330257525137

o

I have a small Sony boom box that plays a single CD too. I take it from the kitchen to the deck and the reception is good.

o

Thanks, jdbillp... I'll keep an eye out for another like that.

Tobr, hi! Thanks. I'll check out Sony. :)

o

The super radio is made by RCA now, you can find them online by searching "RCA RP7887", they are about $50 + shipping. They are a great radio.

o

Should add the the Small Sony comes with a remote and plugs in to wall outlet...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electronics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here