Return to the Electronics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Please help me connect my speaker selector to my receiver

Posted by clarkebar (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 1, 09 at 21:48

To begin with, please forgive my ignorance.

I want to be able to control the speakers around the house with my speaker selector. I have a Yamaha 7.1 receiver but don't plan to take advantage of the surround sound effects (no place for a center speaker). I really just want to use it for stereo and regular tv watching.

Do I hook up the wires from the selector to the center speaker choice on the receiver?

Thanks
Jay

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Please help me connect my speaker selector to my receiver

No. Nothing gets connected to the rear, surround, or center speaker connectors.

Connect the selector box to "Speaker A" connectors on your receiver.

Then connect all the speakers to the selector box.

Nothing gets connected to "Speaker B", either.

o

just take the two front (left/right) speaker outputs from your amp(stereo) and hook them up to the speaker selector input, from the selector go to each set of speakers you want to control(I have L.V RM/FAMILY RM/GARAGE),make sure the impedance protection is activated on the speaker selector(as you do not want to damage your amp).If you hook up your input off of the center channel you will get mostly vocals out of your set up(not good) .If you can you should try your set up with at least the center speaker the effect is most impressive with most movies!Good luck!

o

Thanks for the info. I took your advice and found a center speaker to try....

HOLY COW

It sound awsome....I was really surprised. I also discovered that the receiver will allow me to controll a buch of settings for which speakers get used ect....I have no need for the speaker selector at all now!

Jay

o

enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electronics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here