Return to the Electronics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Answering machine repair around Scottsdale?

Posted by ccarroll (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 3, 07 at 21:11

This is a long shot, but ...

I know, I know, don't tell me that I should toss my answering machine and get a new one. This is a very well-made old Panasonic model that's better than most new versions, and I'd like to get it fixed.

Are there any people still around that do little fix-it repair job like this, preferably mid-Scottsdale or East Phoenix?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Answering machine repair around Scottsdale?

Just Curious:

Would this be the older Panasonics that had the casette tapes? I own two of these machines, and they have the same problem: I hear a repetitive clicking noise, caused by the transport mechanism pepeatedly engaging and disengaging.

o
RE: Answering machine repair around Scottsdale?

I wasn't gonna suggest getting a new answering machine, I was going to suggest this technology called "voice mail." I have an internet phone and a cell phone (no land line) and both come with voice mail for free. I'd wager you can get a similar deal from your service provider.

Then it occurred to me that maybe you like to "screen" the calls (I use Caller ID for that), which is why you use the answering machine. If that's not the case, go with voice mail.

To get it fixed, you are most likely going to have to contact Panasonic.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electronics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here