Return to the Electronics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Under-cabinet stereo

Posted by wulingren (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 17, 07 at 19:59

We'd like to install an under-cabinet stereo in our kitchen.
We only need radio, CD, maybe ipod, but not TV.
We'd like good sound quality, also good volume as the kitchen
is noisy when cooking. Any recommendations? Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Under-cabinet stereo

Frankly, the sound will be much better if you can install a little combo unit someplace on the counter or maybe even in a cupboard and mount a pair of tough speakers under the cabinet. Under-cabinet electronics will relegate you to some variation of a clock radio, and they are not known for good sound quality or volume.

If that's what you need to use, however, I'd check out the selection at a place like Best Buy or -- online -- J&R Music World. I've dealt with both previously and successfully.

Here is a link that might be useful: Two radios at J&R

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electronics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here