Return to the Electronics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Olevia 26' LCD - Know about this brand?

Posted by winker (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 19, 07 at 19:49

I am thinking about purchasing an inexpensive lcd tv for $500 that is 26". Does anyone know about this brand? The store told me it ranked up with Sony in consumer reports.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Olevia 26' LCD - Know about this brand?

One of the electronics magazines gave this set a good review. Said you get a lot of bang for the buck. Doesn't have everything that more expensive brands have so you should look at how you are going to utilize it...good luck!

o

I have an Olevia 23" in my bedroom - it's been good to us and has a lot of bang for the buck. They tend to include some higher-end features at a lower price point, but don't expect the sun, moon and stars since you are going for a lower price point. Good picture quality on my set, 720p/1080i in a 23" looks awesome!
Overall, considering my personal experience as well as recommendations and reviews I've seen online, I would highly recommend Olevia LCD's to anyone.

o

So for those of you who know the market better: It used to be you'd buy the fastest, biggest computer you could because upgrading was expensive and limited by the older technology and, so, you wanted to make sure the computer was usable as long as possible.

I don't watch a lot of TV or movies, but, when I do, I want it to look right. I'm still watching my circa-1988 Trinitron and, for what it is, I'm still happy with it. But I know eventually this TV will die or I'll want to buy a (digital) HDTV. Because of where the TV has to fit, it won't be a big one.

Does it make sense to spend $700-800 on a first-class 26" TV and use it for years and years? Or will I find whatever I buy technically-obsolete in just a few years and that I'll have spent money I didn't have to?

o

To THEWGP: Do you know if it is hard to program the remote for satelite television? I have heard the cheaper LCD television are difficult to use with satelite and cable.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electronics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here