Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
danc08

Philips TV - Please read Pee Wee

danc08
18 years ago

I have Philips 27 inch 27B800-7562 television, chassis TS2744 c103 that will not power up. When the power button is pressed there is one click, then shutdown. No picture, no audio, nothing. The shutdown occurs at the power up, Thanks in advance.

Comments (8)

• pee_wee
    18 years ago

"Shutdown"? Is there an indication of the high voltage (hv) going on, then off? If so, how do you determine this?

Can you see a glow in the neck of the picture tube? That is, when the set is "shutdown".

Need a little feedback to offer any assistance.

pw

• danc08
    Original Author
    18 years ago

PW,
    There is no glow in the neck of the picture tube, but high voltage can be heard audibly, then an audible click, then nothing. This all takes place in literally less than one second. There is an arc during this startup attempt in the back far left corner of the circuit board as you look at it from the front of the picture tube/tv. Some additional info - the power supply has likely taken a beating since we have a two year old that has powered it on and off what seems to be a half million times.
    Thanks,
    Dan

• pee_wee
    18 years ago

If there is an arc from the back of the set, you will need to remove the back of the set and examine the source. Most likly an erratic connection has gotten worse over time, untill it has finally broken lose and is arcing.

If you don't feel qualified to do this, then take it to a shop.

pw

• tiki_2006
    18 years ago

my phillips t.v,model #ts3260c1 only shows a light grey background with white lines going accross the screen when turned on.no sound,shuts off after approx.5 seconds. do you have any thoughts? thank you. daniel hicks at www.dfhicks3@yahoo.com

• bluegoddess
    17 years ago

I just wanted to THANK YOU! Pee_Wee!! I fixed my tv!! All I had to do was replace a resistor, I got the "bluish-white screen with the horizontal lines in it" issue with my Philips, and I searched the internet to see if I could get some type of info and I found this place. I'm glad I did! I had never soldered anything before and I figured the tv's broke already what more damage could I do? It only cost me exactly $13.98 to get the stuff I needed. THANK YOU again for your generosity. I hope you find my post in the midst of all these others!

• angela22
    15 years ago

Pee Wee, I don't know if you still check out the blog, but if you could offer any suggestions I would appreciate it. My TV won't turn on. When I power the TV, either by remote or manually, the green light goes on and then it turns right off. I initially thought it might be a fuse issue, so I took off the back. I noticed the green lights were still working and I could hear a clicking sound. So now I'm not sure. My TV is a Phillips Magnavox 50MF231D37, Chassis: EP1.1U AA. Any suggestion or advice would be great.

• onc0m
    15 years ago

TO ANGELA22
    YES THE PROBLEM IS FUSES
    OPEN THE BACK DOOR OF TV BUT BEFORE THAT!! UNPLUG THE POWER CABLE FROM THE WALL,WAIT,PRESS THE ON/OFF POWER BUTTON TO MAKE SURE THERE IS NO POWER OF ELECTRIC LEFT.
    AFTER YOU OPEN THE BACK DOOR OF THE TV,IN THE MIDDLE BOARD THERE IS "BIG YELLOW" COMPONENT,BEHIND THAT THERE IS GLASS FUSES,REPLACE THEM ALL WITH THE "SAME AMOUNT OF AMPERE AND VOLTAGE",YOU CAN BUY IT AT RADIOSHACK FOR $3 /4PCS.
    IF YOU CAN, FIND ALSO THE FUSES FROM WHITE CERAMICS,REPLACE THEM ALL ALSO.THE CERAMIC FUSES IS NOT FAR FROM GLASS FUSES.
    AND ONE MORE THING, DO NOT TURN ON/OFF TV SO OFTEN,WHEN YOU TURN ON THE TV, IT TAKE SO MUCH POWER OF ELECTRICITY FOR START. SO IF YOU TURN ON THE TV MAKE SURE YOU NOT TURN OFF AND TURN ON BACK RIGHT AWAY,ITS GONNA MAKE THE FUSES BLOW UP AGAIN.JUST LET THE TV COOLING DOWN FIRST.
    IF YOU HAVE TO CHANGE THE FUSES TOO OFTEN,CHECK YOUR HEATSINK,REPLACE THE CONVERGENCE IC, USUALLY THE NAME START WITH "STKxxx-xxx",THEY CALL IT STK IC,ITS LOCATED IN THE FRONT BOARD RIGHT.IT ATTACHED TO ALUMINUM HEATSINK.
    WELL HOPE THIS HELPFULL FOR YOU

• lshaw2255
    14 years ago

Hello pee wee I am having a problem the inside lights are flashing 4 times green on the main board when this happens the outside of the tv is flashing 4 times red I have checked the fuses for cotinuity they all seem to be fine any sug.the model is 42pf321d/37 chassis # ep1.1uaa thank you Larry

Sponsored
2 Navy Lane, LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars18 Reviews
Loudoun County's Leading Interior Designer