Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
schoolbelle_gw

Transfer albums & tapes to CD...can I do this?

schoolbelle
14 years ago

I know this has been covered earlier, but I'm pretty much behind with all the new technology and need some specific advice for the equipment I have.

I've got an old Panasonic Stereo Music System turntable & dual tape deck (SG-D16) with everything working fine but no speakers any more. The system has red and white (R&L) terminals for connecting to a CD player which I've never used with this outfit.

Would it work to buy some sort of CD player/burner combo and connect with what I have to play the old records and tapes and burn them to CDs? If so, any recommendations?

My computer is a Mac with OS-X and iTunes and while it does copy and burn CDs I suppose it would be too good to be true to have some sort of way to directly connect the Panasonic to the USB port of the computer.

My ultimate goal is to backup old records and tapes to CDs or for possibly loading music from these old formats onto an iPod so there may be even newer (better) ways to do this that I've not thought of.

Any help you can give me (in basic, non-techie lingo) would be greatly appreciated!

Comments (6)