Return to the Electronics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
progressive dvd connected to plasma hdtv - pink picture

Posted by sconway (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 26, 09 at 17:43

I decided to move my progressive Panasonic DVD-F61A player to my bedroom and connect it to my Panasonic Viera Plasma TV.

I connected my DVD player to my Plasma using component video cables but the picture is pink and green. I have tried 3 different component cables and the picture remains pink and green (it also shows as slpit screen on my tv). I also tried using regular composite cables - still the same problem. The sounds is ok and the dvd player plays the video. Only the picture is the problem. I am able to see cable tv ok.

I also changed the set up on the DVD player (very challenging since the picture is split and in bright pink and green!) and enabled progressive component video and adjusted the black lines to darker as specified in the manual.

I have tried everything I can (except HDMI cable since I own 3 high quality composite cables!). Any ideas?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: progressive dvd connected to plasma hdtv - pink picture

I don't know the answer, but HDMI (digital) is better than Composite (analog).

HDMI cables are only a few dollars on-line ...

o

pink/green sounds like setup issue. tv works but dvd does not so i vote for dvd player being the problem. have you tried another dvd player as a test on the bedroom tv?

o

I also beleive its in the setup of the dvd player. Try unhooking the player and bring it back to the original tv. I bet it wasn't using component cables , simply composite video. Go into the dvd menu and determine its video output-480i/480p/.
Using component video cables allow the dvd player to be in 480p and your picture should look proper.

PS- HDMI are not necessaryily better and dont come into play here.

o

sounds like you plugged the blue and green in the wrong input/output happens a lot!

o

electronicbase,

I think you are right. The video output is 480i and the plasma is 1080p. Could it be an incompatibility issue? Could it be that the progressive scan does not allow for the picture to be converted to 1080i/1080p?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electronics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here