Return to the Electronics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Definitive Technology speakers..?

Posted by buckeyeinwi (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 1, 09 at 17:39

I am looking at buying a new home theater setup. All Definitive Technology speakers: BP-7002's for front, CLR-2002 for center, BX1.2's for surround, Pro Monitor 1000 for rear surround(6.1) and a Supercube 1 subwoofer. How is the system, and what are your thoughts on quality?I have a Sony STR-DA3000ES receiver to power it(even though the BP-7002's have built in amps for the subs)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Definitive Technology speakers..?

Def Tech speakers are nice. Years ago I worked in a shop that sold them. Well built, sound great.

BTW, nice ES receiver, too.

o

Buckeye check out AVSForum.com for extensive info on speakers and all other AV equipment

o

Speakers are a bit different from other electronics equipment, in that performance is more subjective based on our individual hearing and sound preferences. The best way to pick speakers is to listen to as many different types/brands as possible in a blind test with source material you are familiar with. Pick what sounds best to you, and make sure the size, sensitivity, etc. work for your room size/environment.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electronics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here