Return to the Electronics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
DVD Recorder Problem

Posted by mare_wbpa (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 14, 09 at 16:57

I have a 5 yr old ILO DVD player/recorder. It has had a lot of use. I use it mainly to copy DVDs and VCR tapes from another DVD/VCR player. Lately when I have finished recording and press stop the readout on the screen and the machine front display stop and won't go into any other mode until the unit is turned off, which is difficult. Mainly it doesn't respond to stop or off, sometimes I have to pull the plug. When this happens the disc that I recorded won't play, I get an "invalid disc" display and "change disc". I have been shopping for a new player recorder but can't seem to find one with the RF in/out ports on the back of the machine. Any advice?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: DVD Recorder Problem

It might be as simple as the stop button being a bit dusty and not making contact...

Back before cd writers had buffers I often had disks crap out on me at the end of writing, but soon learned the disks were sometimes ok but not 'closed' or 'finalised' - if you have a computer with dvd writing software, you may find you can put the disk in and finalise it using the computer dvd writer.

Not a perfect solution, but a workaround. Otherwise I guess it's the new machine.

They don't do rf in/out anymore? Your mode of operation (vcr to dvd recorder) would be better using component or at least composite connections, rather than rf since the path is thus:

Component video (assuming that's the internal native format) converted to rf (tv/radio signals) out of one machine, into the recorder's rf, convert back to component video. Lots of quality issues.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electronics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here