Return to the Electronics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
TV Picture is Stretched Out

Posted by blueheron (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 17, 09 at 15:40

We have comcast with a box. The picture sometimes is stretched out - i.e., on the left hand top of the screen, the message LIVE only shows VE and the bottom of the screen only shows half an 8 - the channel number. The whole picture is elongated. Then, all of a sudden,it's back to normal.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: TV Picture is Stretched Out

> Then, all of a sudden,it's back to normal.

while you're watching the same TV program ?

or when you change channels ?

o

While watching the same program.

o

What kind of TV? It may be related to a setting on the TV, not the cable tuner. My plasma panel has an Auto mode that's supposed to automatically switch between wide-screen, stretch, 4:3 ... whichever ... in response to what it senses on the picture, but I find it tends to be flaky, so I never use that mode.

o

It's a VIZIO flat screen, but not a plasma tv.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electronics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here