Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
poppedeye

32' Phillips Magnavox TV problems

poppedeye
17 years ago

HELP!!! I've got a Phillips Magnavox model TP3284 C102 tv, chasis number 32G700 that just quit working. One day it worked, the next it didn't. The LED by the power button does not light up and there is a faint clicking noise coming from the TV. There is no picture, no color, no sound, no nothing, what can I do?

Thanks for any assistance you can provide.

Comments (3)

• shademasters
    17 years ago

hello poppedeye. did you ever get any help with you phillips tv? there used to be a lot of help on the garden web by a guy named peewee. i have the same problem, faint clicking with no power at all. mine's a phillips/magnavox smart series 32" the exact model number is not clear: TS325?? C101 Chassis Model # 32D700-7570. most situations with our symptoms are pointing to an undersized burnt disc capacitor toward the back near the power supply coordinates: (G-5). some people on the garden web got advice from this peewee guy. to replace this burnt capacitor. most appeared successful. in almost all cases the capacitor showed obvious physical charring. mine shows no obvious damage to the capacitor so i'm wondering if it is something else. if you solved you problem or have any light to shed on this one i would greatly appreciate it. i hate to toss it without a fight. if anyone out there has some answers you help or advice is welcome!!! Happy Holidays to All!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• mariosergio
    17 years ago

Hello friends!

I have a TV Philips Magnavox HD1918 C125 19" 1998.

The problems is:

When I turn it on, the screen goes white, then changes to gray with various scrolling horizontal white lines and one top to bottom vertical white line, near the left side.

The sound is working fine and I can change the channels.

I have changed the TDA3653B CI, but nothing different happened.

Does anyone have any idea for repairing my TV?

Thanks in advance!

• elroacho
    17 years ago

I have a phillips 32 inch tv model 32pt563s37g and it has a problem. when it is turned on a faint picture is seen and then goes away. I have found that the picture tube filiment comes on then goes out. can someone help me find the solution to this problem or where can I find a schematic for this tv. It was manufactured in 2003.