Return to the Electronics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
hdmi outlet?

Posted by mandolynn77 (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 13, 09 at 12:09

I'm having a flat screen mounted on the wall. They have the electric outlet and cable outlet mounted, but I'm also having them run an hdmi line from behind the tv, through the basement, and into a closet for the satellite box.

Do I need an hdmi outlet receptacle behind the tv and also in the closet? It doesn't make sense to just have the wire coming out of drywall. I already ordered a cord before I thought of this, it is a 50ft cl2 rated one. Will this work with the outlets? Would it just go into the back of the receptacles? Or do I need a different type of hdmi cord?? Thank you for any help.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: hdmi outlet?

It would certainly look better with an outlet. Your cable should work fine if you get the right wall plate. Check the link below.

Here is a link that might be useful: Monoprice.com

o
RE: hdmi outlet?

Most wall plates just connect to the regular end of your HDMI,but keep in mind that from your wall plate to your(T.V,BLURAY,...) you will need extra HDMI cables,and also that at every connection point you will have DB loss(EX:connection to and from wall plates) plus the 50' cable you may need an HDMI booster.On my 50' run from my PC to my T.V, with the 2 wall plates (one in back of T.V,and one in back of the PC)plus two 6' HDMI cables i need a booster,if i bypass the wall plates i do not need the booster,good luck and keep us posted!!!!!!!!!!Oh and it looks way better with the wall plates installed,i made a coustom one for the 11.2 surround sound + cable when i redid the basement,looks very clean and pro!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electronics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here